Twin Cities, MN
Twin Cities Fund:
As a worldwide company headquartered in Minnesota, the Best Buy Children’s Foundation considers proposals from nonprofit organizations that serve the 7-county metro area, provides access to opportunities for teens through technology and adds to the vibrancy of the Twin Cities area.
- Serve a Twin Cities, MN 7-county metro area audience
- Offer programs or curricula that encourage teens to learn, experiment, collaborate and play with the latest technologies so that youth will become excited about learning and fluent with new technologies, developing skills and experiences to help them succeed in their careers, contribute to their communities and lead outstanding lives. (Technologies include: computing, digital photography, filmmaking and videography, graphic design, audio production, robotics, game development, programming (including app development)).
- Add to the vibrancy of the Twin Cities 7-county metro
- November 1
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
The Best Buy Children’s Foundation will consider capital requests in the Twin Cities 7-county Metro area only. To be eligible to apply for a capital grant:
- Nonprofits must have received past program support from the Foundation
- Nonprofits must submit a letter of inquiry (including general description of the campaign) by February 1st. Organizations will be contacted within 30 days and advised as to whether or not a full proposal will be accepted. If accepted, nonprofits should submit immediately through the on-line process.
- Accepted capital requests will be presented at the Q1 Foundation meeting (generally in April)
- Site visits may be conducted between April and June with final decisions announced after the Q2 meeting (generally in July).
Take the eligibility quiz to see if your non-profit meets the criteria to submit a Twin Cities or capital grant application.