Apply for Funding
The Best Buy Children’s Foundation strengthens communities through national and local grant programs. Our priority is to give teens access to opportunities through technology that helps them excel in school and develop 21st century skills which will result in richer lives and a better future. Please read the guidelines to ensure your organization meets our eligibility requirements or refer to the instructions to assist you with the process.
Who May Apply
Certified nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations and tax exempt public charities that help teens explore their passions in technology and inspire future education and career choices.
Programs/Curriculum that encourage teens to learn, experiment, collaborate and play with the latest technologies so that teens will become excited about learning and develop skills and experiences to help them succeed academically and in future careers.(Technologies include: computing, digital photography, filmmaking and videography, graphic design, audio production, robotics, game development, programming — including app development).
Organizations and/or programs applying for funding must fit into one of these categories and successfully complete the eligibility quiz below:
|National||Must serve a national audience and have a national distribution plan in place.|
|Community Grants||Applications will be accepted from nonprofit organizations that give teens access to opportunities through technology and are located within 50 miles of a Best Buy store or other facility.
|Twin Cities, MN||As a worldwide company headquartered in Minnesota, the Twin Cities Fund considers proposals from nonprofit organizations that serve a Twin Cities audience, enlighten and empower teens and add to the vibrancy of the Twin Cities 7-county metro area.|
|Capital Grants||Capital funding in the Twin Cities area only. Nonprofits applying must have received program support from the Best Buy Children’s Foundation in the past in order to be eligible for capital dollars.Take the eligibility quiz to see if your non-profit meets the criteria to submit a grant application.|
We Do Not Fund:
- Organizations not certified as 501(c)(3) by the IRS
- General operating expenses
- Product requests (please refer to Best Buy store donations)
- Fraternal organizations or social clubs
- Units of government or quasi-governmental agencies
- Labor organizations or political campaigns
- Organizations designed primarily for lobbying
- For-profit organizations or travel programs
- Fundraising dinners, testimonials, conferences or similar events
- Sole support of operating or advertising expenses
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Health, medical, or therapeutic programs or living subsidies
- Athletic teams or events
- Multi-year requests (grants must be reviewed/made annually)