For decades people have turned to Best Buy for answers to their technology questions. As technology becomes more ingrained in our society, we know it is increasingly necessary for youth to develop the 21st-century skills that will set them up for future career success. Yet, we also know that a participation gap exists. Too many teens have little or no access to technology and, as a result, they fall behind their peers. Meanwhile, teens who do have access can benefit greatly by moving beyond mere consumption and toward engaging in the learning opportunities technology can offer.
As a Company, and through our Best Buy Foundation, we are on a mission to provide teens with places and occasions where they can develop technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices. We strive to leverage our local community presence, our technology resources and our talented employees to provide new and creative programs to serve our communities.
- Best Buy Teen Tech Centers – We provide teens a safe place to experiment, collaborate and play with technology and develop skills for future success.
- Best Buy Teen Tech Summits – Our interactive events bring together Best Buy employee volunteers and teens through technology workshops held at local nonprofits
- Geek Squad Academy – We run hands-on, interactive camps that help kids ages 10 to 18 understand the inner workings of technology
- Connect2Compete – Best Buy and Geek Squad partner with Connect2Compete to offer in-person digital literacy training in underserved communities nationwide, as well as free online digital literacy training
- National Partnerships – We provide funding to strategic national nonprofit partners that help us further our goal of providing teens with the benefits of technology